Wednesday 9 July 2014

More Lucky Lines #1776 Maintains Its Position

Two weeks after taking over the top spot, More Lucky Lines remains the choice. The game features all three of its Grand Prizes of $75,000 being unclaimed with 27% (+/- 3%) of its float left to sell. Your odds of hitting a grand prize are one in 265,000. That is the second best chance of all games currently for sale.

I have some concern about the game as poster Darth Vader has been playing this game steadily and not receiving the rate of return that he should. I find that to be very odd. Suspicious, in fact. This game returns 2.5% of total revenue to the Grand Prize winners, 2.6% to secondary prize winners, 46.5% to winners of less than $100, and 13.5% to winners of $3 prizes. So, even if Darth does not get a prize of $100 or more he should be returning 60% of his investment if the sample size is large enough. From reading his posts, it should be. My personal play on the game has also failed to meet the 60% standard. I'm going to total up his numbers, do a little math, and report back. It's always amazing to me how often strings of bad luck afflict players and how rarely those same people are visited by good luck. Still, the game remains the game of choice.


MORE LUCKY LINES


Top Rated Games



  1. More Lucky Lines #1776 (27% of float left +/- 3%)
  2. Cash For Life #1161 (39%, +/- 3%)
  3. 20X Lucky #1789 (15%, +/- 3%)
  4. Prestige #1741 (28%, +/- 7%)
  5. Red Hot 50s (22%, +/- 1%)



Games to Avoid



  1. $4 Cash For Life #1165  (1-6th prize remaining, most you can win is $500!)
  2. $3 Tetris #1793 (All Grand Prizes and Second Prizes are gone)
  3. $1 Bingo Express #1753 (1 Grand Prize left and 800,000 tickets)
  4. $1 Lucky Lines #1770 (New Game and already on the "avoid" list)
  5. $3 Crossword #3205 (1.4 million to 1 to win $50,000. No thank-you)



$1-$2 Game Update

Red Hot 50s is playable but the top prize is only $50. All the others are poor.

$3 Game Update

More Lucky Lines towers above the rest.

$4 - $5 Game Update

Not one, not two, but three Cash For Life games on sale simultaneously. How about canceling the sucker game #1165 OLG?

$10 - $20 Game Update

Prestige and Extraordinary are playable. For the cost, both games should be extraordinary - but they're not.

Comings and Goings


I missed a week so there is some activity to report: three new games have been added, three have been retired.

Hitting the dustbin were Aces and 8s, Keno #1412, and $200 Million. $200 Million was an inter-provincial game that had been on sale for 15 months. It was the benefactor of marketing campaigns by the lottery corporations. Still, after 15 months only 60% of the float ended up being sold. At the time of its demise, there were 4 - $2 million prizes outstanding. Over the course of the past two months, there were only 500,000 of its tickets sold across Canada. Meanwhile, Bingo #3014 sold over six times as many tickets in Ontario alone. It's safe to say that scratch ticket players in Canada have a price resistance point and it is somewhat less than $20 per ticket.

Both Aces and 8s and Keno had one Grand Prize left to claim and 10-15% of their respective ticket floats left to sell. An argument could be made why they were retired but there remains games for sale that are worse choices than any of the three that were retired. Much worse, in fact.

New on the scene are:

$1 Lucky Lines Express 1.3, 0.0 , 46.0, 12.6, 40.0
$3 Scrabble 2.4, 3.4, 50.6, 12.9, 35.0.
$4 Bonus Cash For Life 9.5, 3.2, 46.3, 10.2, 30.1.

(revenue breakdown is: Grand Prizes, Prizes $100 or more but less than Grand Prize, prizes less than $100 and more than cost of ticket, prizes worth the cost of the ticket, OLG profit). You will note that the Scrabble numbers do not add up to 100. I'll be calling the OLG about that little problem.

Lucky Lines Express is your typical lousy $1 game. Scrabble is acceptable and we know that everyone loves to play these games, me included. Cash For Life always rates well due to the 9.5% of revenue that goes to the five Grand Prize winners. You pay for that in the lower prize area where only 56.5% of revenue is returned to players. The game is also light on secondary prizes but you can't get everything in one game. With any luck we may be playing this game in the future.

Personal Play


Thirteen More Lucky Lines tickets contained 5 winners totaling $20. That places me right with Darth Vader. I had the right to expect more. My year to date results are presently a cash rate of 32% and a return on investment of 63%. Nothing terrible but, like Eugenie Bouchard, I expect to win.

Meanderings


Thanks to Darth Vader for posting information as to Grand Prizes claimed yesterday. My analysis was as of Monday. You need to keep up to date and should always check with the seller to make sure that grand prizes for the game you are about to play have not been recently claimed. For the two weeks between blog postings (I know, I was lazy - sorry), Grand Prizes were claimed for the following: Blazings 7s, Crazy 8s, Cashingo, Keno, Crosstripler, Money Multiplier, Sapphire 7s, and Win Take All. It pays to be sure before you buy.


My condolences to all Brazil supporters. That was brutal.


Doug













54 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Doug!

    I purchased 10 More lucky lines the other day and only won on 2 of the tickets. $30 spent and only won $8 in total, that is -22 for me :(

    I purchased another 10 and will report again soon. How likely is it that you, me and Darth are having such bad luck, worse than the return numbers suggest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I am going to total those numbers up later today. I'll reserve judgement until I see the numbers. I bought 10 more yesterday but have yet to scratch them.

      Delete
  2. I wouldnt bother with lucky lines anymore. The tickets were too hard to read and re-checking them was annoying. I assume the grand prizes were thrown away unknowingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John,
      The lack of positive results for anyone is causing me concern for this game. The one thing I can be sure of is that I have not thrown away any winning tickets! :-)

      Doug

      Delete
  3. I have been somewhat successful at 62% for lucky lines. 40 cards played, won on 13 of them, totaling $75 in winnings. But it seemed for a while I was hitting nothing on them however I double checked some cards and ended missing a few winners. it is definitely hard to read the tickets,, I wouldn't doubt that winners have been thrown out.

    It seems like lucky lines is being pulled this week as well. I've come across many stores that said they were "expired" however I've found a store that is still selling them. Don't know if I should continue or stop at this point.
    LN

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how you folks feel after having gone through 23 straight losing Crosswords and winning a lousy 3 bucks on the 24th. However, I picked up a Lucky Lines last Friday and won $20 on the bonus scratch. I rolled it over for 6 more tickets and won $21. This kept up till Sunday evening when they finally went dry. So basically I played Lucky Lines all weekend for a total of $3. Wasn't so lucky on the few other types of tickets bought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And thank you Doug for your great advice and input, I just came across your page randomly and have been getting into to scratch games now. Best of luck to you and everyone else here.
    LN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, i was wondering if anyone in Toronto area wants to go 50-50 on a full roll of lucky lines?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ^ how much would a full roll cost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard 80 tickets for $240

      Delete
    2. Would be a neat idea to get a group together like that sort of like workplace 649 or Lotto Max groups. Sadly being in Ottawa helping you guys out wouldn't really work out.

      Delete
    3. yeah a scratch card group would be interesting, i see sometimes on the winners list people who won together as both there names are highlighted and shows the same prize and from what card it was from

      Delete
    4. is everyone ok with wednesday 630pm at queen and john?

      Delete
    5. G.l. hopefully that works out for you..plz post your results.

      Delete
  8. Wow i don't know how you guys scratch so many lucky line tickets! Last time i scatched just 9 tickets it felt like my finger was going to fall off lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great, ill look for a retailer that has a roll in the meantime

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do bet that more winners on Lucky Lines get thrown away. They are a bit of a pain, but I'll get more since the odds are not bad right now.

    I've been waiting to see how this one goes and just bought my first 4 today. Won on 3/4 for a total of 18$ (a 3, 3+3, and 3+5).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. by that i mean 17$, ha. wish you could edit these.

      Delete
  11. I bought 5 lucky lines last week and won $12. After the first ticket I just scratched the bar codes and scanned them. Way too complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tested another 36 more lucky lines.
    spend $108
    win $79
    11 winning tickets including a $25 winner.
    I don't keep an exact count on my return from scratch cards but I'm thinking on the lucky lines I'm not real far off the expected 62% return.
    I've never bought an entire pack of lucky lines but found out they contain 70 tickets for a cost of $210.
    All my tickets bought rural in st Mary's , Mitchell, Walkerton, mildmay, listowel, Stratford. ..
    ..yeah you should always use self checker with lucky lines.I realized I had 2-tickets in my trash pile that turned into $8..
    Lucky lines getting hard to find up my way ..maybe I bought em all lol.I was told all tickets already distributed and all thats left is what's in the stores. .
    Another cashingo 75k prize gone..
    only 2- left..damn I kinda liked that game...
    ..gl every one..
    thnx for your blogging Doug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need a life bro.... you are clearly addicted to the lottery. Think of this way, your on a beach and each little grain of sand is your odds of winning the jackpot.. so keep this as entertainment... you buying tons of these tickets wont win you the jackpot.. it will create a dent on your pocket.

      Delete
    2. Perhaps a little addicted..
      It's one of the perks of having some disposable income..this is my latest hobby I came across. .I believe we all know the odds..spend $100 win $60..and so on..maybe soon going to test some keno strategy..and then roulette systems..for now im content testing scratches..
      thanks for your concern

      Delete
  13. Damn the new C.F.L. bonus game 1168 looks so good , I hope it becomes a contender..I love all those secondary 100k prizes along with the 5- top prizes..

    ReplyDelete
  14. On my last 2nd set of more lucky lines I again only won on 2/10 a total of $10 (5x2).

    Just got another 15, fingers crossed for the 75k :) Happy weekend everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just bought 53 more lucky lines 1776 ..purchased in Hanover. .although not a complete pack there is 17 tickets missing. .yeah I cleaned out another store of all they had ..all the tickets numbered from 000 upto 045- all still attached in the strip the rest have miscellaneous ones missing. .
    Will post results later..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would say Darth Vader pretty much has west of Toronto covered. It seems he's also blown the myth of more winners in small towns out of the water. So far this week one $5 return on 7 Lucky Lines tickets. Gotta keep trying tho.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes the myth(s) are born of unusual observations. If we look at CFL1161, CFL1165 (before the last 2 top prizes were won) and CFL1166 ($10), we'll notice that each game started off with 3 top prizes and 1 second, 1 third and 1 fourth top prize thus making the 2nd, 3rd and 4th top prizes 3 times harder to win than the top prize. Yet in each case (I believe), the 2nd, 3rd and 4th top prizes were won before the top prizes were depleted. This leads me to believe that those prizes were distributed normally and probably sold in higher sales areas whereas the top prizes are distributed by region allowing them to remain 'hidden' longer. Just too much of a coincidence.

    Also, we see More Lucky Lines with a quarter of the float remaining and the top three prizes yet to be claimed. How often have we seen all three prizes in a game claimed with 75% of the remaining tickets unsold? Each of these outcomes should be equally likely in a truly random environment.

    Just venting and playing devil's advocate here. The true distribution pattern is only really known by Pollard or Scientific Games.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bought 3 Lucky Lines and the first one was nothing, The second one i won $3 on, Then the last one i won three times on ($10+$20+$25=$55) for a grand total of $58! This was my biggest win so far lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice one I'm jealous. . $50 is my largest prize on lucky lines so far.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. How did you do last night with your 53 tickets?

      Delete
    3. Still working on them , about half way through and only $40 in winnings so far..my $50 win was last week on the bonus section.

      Delete
  19. Tested my 53 lucky lines.
    spend $159
    Win $77
    13 winning tickets. .largest prize was $12.
    yeah that bunch of tickets did poorly. .under 50% return.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 3 Scrabble Games: 3$+10$
    1 Cadillac: 50$
    Total Spent: 19$
    Total Won: 63$

    ReplyDelete
  21. i bought a full roll up in Halliburton this morning.
    Spent $240
    Won $63

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean ?
      Spend $240
      Win $ 63
      Lose $177
      Or....
      win $303
      Profit... $63 ? Because you did real bad if $63 is all you won...don't throw out your tickets ..make sure you self checker them

      Delete
  22. Full pack costs $210 ..but even at that ...$63 return is terrible. .I thought I did bad..
    going to Stratford shortly may buy a few lucky lines but gonna cut back on them..wifey getting mad.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Weekend results. I guess we did better than most. Spent $30 on 10 tickets and got back $24. 11 + 5 + 5 + 3 for a return of 80%. I can't believe that none of these prizes have gone yet.

    ReplyDelete
  24. In Stratford yesterday tested 77 more lucky lines ..I just scratched the code and abused the self checker. .tickets bought at 4-
    different locations. .
    spend $231
    Win $139
    27 winning tickets ..largest prize $12
    I hit an exact 60% return.
    Winning ticket odds were 1-in 2-.85
    These tickets seem plentyfull in Stratford. .

    ReplyDelete
  25. From the first of July till the 14th there were only 3 winners that made the $1,000 or more prize list on Lucky Lines.

    WALLACEBURG ON - MORE LUCKY 1776 - $1,020.00
    WAUBAUSHENE ON - MORE LUCKY 1776 - $1,020.00
    GLOUCESTER ON - MORE LUCKY 1776 - $1,020.00

    On the 14th of July alone Crossword 3205 gave up 2 - $50,000 prizes and 1 - $5,000 prize. Is it just me or does anybody else wonder what the hell is going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering that too, Has the winning ticket been thrown out since it is confusing or is OLG up to something...

      Delete
    2. Yeah whats up with lucky lines ??..
      Perhaps winning tickets thrown out because they miserable to scratch and easy to miss something. .I recommend self checker on every ticket..
      I don't believe anything shady going on at olg because they generate so much $$ why would they jeopardize a good thing on cheating the public with so much to lose..
      I suspect soon we will see 2- 75 k prizes claimed within a few days of each other then we can move on to a better game.

      Delete
  26. Lucky lines are getting hard to find in my area in Toronto. Some retailers have brought out the new yellow lucky lines, game 1775 already.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I bought 15 scrabble tickets and won a total of $6

    Bought 5 lucky lines and won $0

    Is this just bad luck or is OLG scamming the masses as usual?

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anyone know which website has the list of which prizes have been claimed, Even the lower amounts like 1,000 dollar prizes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google "olg instant unclaimed prizes" it has all unclaimed prizes over $100
      Also google "olg major winners" and click on prize winners over 1k

      Delete
    2. INSTANT Unclaimed Prize Information

      http://www.olg.ca/lotteries/games/viewInstantTicketInfo.do

      Delete
  30. Bought 6 Lucky Lines today. Had a hard time reading it to begin with. I won only $3.....from the bonus. Didn't get anywhere close on any of the main game plays. Might as well have paid $3 to scratch the bar code off and scan. Not a big sample size for me, but I am passing on this game in the future. Didn't pay off, but more importantly, I didn't enjoy playing it and this is probably the first time I regretting getting a scratch ticket. Probably the worst game going for experience.

    Hopefully OLG takes this one around back and puts it out of it's misery because its truly awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they just brought out a new 3$ lucky lines exactly the same except yellow :P

      Delete
    2. Lol I guess I shouldn't be surprised!

      Delete
  31. Bought $78 worth of lucky lines. Ended up positive for $1. I'll take it at this point. Was about 55% on 66 tickets prior to that. The guy had another roll after I bought the first one. Going to go through them now. Hate the game at this point. It's too hard to read, worried about throwing out a potential winner.

    Something is up with none of the big prizes claimed. This game is a dud, yet I keep coming back for more :(
    LN

    ReplyDelete
  32. Finally tested an entire sealed pack.
    tickets bought in Monkton..small village near listowel. .
    70 tickets
    spend $210
    Win $119
    21 winning tickets. Largest prize $20
    57% return. .Winning ticket odds 1- in 3-.33
    Not happy with results yet they are very close to the 60% that Doug sugests. .
    like another poster mentioned I hate the game but I keep coming back for more ..lol..this pack all checked on self checker with only the code scratched off.
    gl everyone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our local store finally ran out so we bought 4 Scrabble tickets and got $0 return.

      Delete
  33. Went 10/18 on the first two batches of 9 tickets for a return of 64$, so up 10. Just got another 16 so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete