Thursday 19 June 2014

Cash For Life 1165 Meets Its End - Now Worst Game to Play

The party is officially over for Cash for Life 1165. The last Grand Prize was won in Ottawa yesterday. As reported last week, the game had been hollowed out meaning that when that last Grand Prize was won the game would go to the bottom of the list. There are no second prizes, no third prizes, 1 fourth prize of $5000, and 1 sixth prize of $500. The game had an impressive run and I'm glad that the OLG did not retire the game while that last prize was outstanding.

The new top rated game is Scrabble 1777 but a poster today suggested that this game was retired by the OLG today along with CFL 1165. That does not surprise me as only 7% +/- 3% of the float for that game remains and have not seen any of those tickets for a while.

I'll therefore skip to the next game which is $5 20x Lucky #1789. Twenty percent +/- 3% of the float remains for this game. Three of its Grand Prizes of $100,000 remain to be claimed. Your chances to win one are 190,000:1 versus 400,000:1 at the outset of the game.

20X LUCKY


Games to Play



  1. $3 Scrabble 1777 (7% of float left to sell +/- 3%)
  2. $5 20X Lucky 1789 (20%, +/- 3%)
  3. $3 More Lucky Lines 1776 (42%, +/- 3%)
  4. $20 Extraordinary 1742 (91%, +/- 4%)
  5. $4 Cash for Life 1161 (47%, +/- 3%)


Note that the Cash for Life game recommended here is not the same one that was recommended previously.

Games to Avoid



  1. $4 Cash For Life 1165
  2. $3 Tetris 1793
  3. $2 Fat Cat 1729
  4. $1 Bingo Express
  5. $3 Crossword 3205


$1 - $2 Game Update

Red Hot 50s is the top rated game in this group. Next best is Crazy 8s if you are looking for a better Grand Prize ($28,888 versus $50).

$3 Game Update

After spending months in purgatory, this group is coming more to the fore. Two of the top 5 rated games are in this area. Those two are much better than the others.

$4 - $5 Game Update

Apart from the two mentioned on the list of top games, Money Multiplier is also worth a try.

$10 - $20 Game Update

Extraordinary and Prestige are both playable. I fail to understand why the OLG has seven games available for purchase in this price range. They'll be selling these games for a long time.

Comings and Goings


More Lucky Lines 1775 was retired this week. It was a dud so salutations to our OLG friends.

Two new games came on line: $1 Cash Cow and $5 Win Take All.

A poster this week was speculating about the prize distributions for games in general. I measure them as follows: House Percentage - Win the Cost of the Ticket - Win More than Cost of Ticket and less than $100 - Win $100 or more, and less than the Grand Prize - Grand Prize.

Here is how the two new games shape up according to that breakdown:

Cash Cow - 40.0% - 10.4% - 47.6% - .3% - 1.6%.
Win Take All - 33.1% - 10.2% - 45.9% - 6.3% - 4.5%.

Based on this breakdown I expect that if you don't win the Grand Prize and you buy a sufficient number of tickets, you should expect a return of 58% for Cash Cow and 62% for Win Take All.

Personal Play


I can't say that I am unhappy that CFL 1165 is kaput. I purchased 82 of those suckers cashing on 26 of them (32%) returning $198 (60%). From the postings that I have seen of others, I should feel lucky. I don't. The numbers reported by others are very poor.

One poster reported going 0 for 15 on Crossword 3205. Although the game is rated poorly, players should expect to win with one out of every 3.84 tickets and a return of 64% even if they don't win a Grand Prize. The chances of going 0 for 15 are less than 1 in 100 - about the same as winning on four consecutive tickets. That sucks.


Meanderings


Thanks to everyone who measures his or her results and reports it on this blog. It is useful information for others and I enjoy keeping track of those results. The OLG would like us all to be individual players. There is always the chance that we may learn something about ticket distribution based upon this reporting.

I know that the OLG would testify under oath that tickets are distributed randomly but the company that prints the tickets uses algorithms in their production and there may be unintended flaws in those computer programs of which the OLG and the supplier are unaware. I know that the chances are not great but, at the same time, the pursuit is not altogether an exercise in alchemy.


Best to all.


Doug







22 comments:

  1. Rats! And I had a feeling that CFL top prize would turn up somewhere in Ottawa here. Nice to see Crossword is back in the swing of things. One of my favourite to play for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your prize distribution breakdown..the math behind the games I find interesting.
    I've been playing a lot of the 1776 more lucky lines and can't get over a 40 % return..I play my tickets in rural area st Mary's near Stratford. .
    Will post any nice wins I hit..lol..
    great blog thnx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Darth, even if you're losing, at least you live in a beautiful part of the province.

      Delete
  3. 5 20X tickets and just $5 for me. I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far this weekend tried.:
    8- lucky lines- net-$0'

    4-20x lucky net $5'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since scratch tickets haven't been in my favour for a while now, I've been playing Poker Lotto. Since the Jackpot was over $160 000 today, I decided to buy 12 of them. From these, I won 4 free plays which in turn gave me 2 more free plays. Also I won $4 from the lotto too. All the tickets I bought were "All-In", but the free plays were not. My total spending was therefore $36 and from that I returned $16, if you count a free play as a $2 win. This is a 44.44% return just from the instant play. I now have to wait to see if I win any prizes from the draw tonight. This could increase my return investment even more, hopefully. It says it is a 1 in 15.01 chance of winning any draw prize and I have 18 tickets, so I should see an increase in my return. I hope to see it increase up to 60% which it says is the expected return. Maybe this'll be my new game if the scratch tickets keep giving me a hard time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another 5 Crosswords to make it 20 straight and still no win. I'm going for the record folks. 2 Winner Take All tickets gave me $25 back on one of them. My wife pretty much broke even on several Crossword Tripler. And of course nothing back on the Lottery draws but we buy very few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLEY MOLEY !! Despite no jackpots in left in CFL 1165, I am now scratching my pile of 20 tickets since I got the time.

    One ticket won FOUR TIMES in 4 of 6 games ON THE SAME SHEET !! Total of $20 which I will put into another scratch game.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BTW I love $20 ExtraOrdinary. My first game just won $20, and it's the easiest ticket to scratch !! My luck with the previous $20 Supreme has been so so which means I'll stick with $20 and $10 games till something else comes up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlo,

      I have to admit that I am also attracted to games that scratch smoothly. Good luck.

      Delete
  9. Bought 30 lucky lines worth $90
    .12 winning tickets.
    .total won. $75
    finally beat the 65% return that olg claims for this game..
    Tickets bought rural and right out off the strip in sequential order..

    ReplyDelete
  10. my understanding is that the majority of winless tickets are strategically situated in urban high traffic areas. Try to avoid these if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The OLG will be releasing a "Wild 10's" ticket in the near future, making it a slightly more ridiculous 8 games in the 10 - 20 dollar range. However I think $10 CFL Family is on its way out soon, so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've noticed that there seems to be a standard amount of winners per pack depending on the ticket odds. Any confirmation on this? Ie. a minimum/maximum amount of winners per ticket pack?
    I've bought entire packs and individual tickets in the same pack and have found this to be true.
    Our 20X Lucky just got diminished. Looks like Lucky lines is the play. No one will get rich off it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very worrisome thought. I certainly hope that it is not the case.

      Delete
  13. I've never bought an entire pack before..I was told lucky lines packs.are .80 tickets for a cost of $240.. I'm contemplating buying a pack just to see what kind of return I get..could get lucky and hit a midrange prize or even grand prize ..lol..But Being the gambler I am risking $240..if im sure to get back in the $120. To $160 range may be worth it..when you have so many chances at the grand prizes..
    lucky lines my favorite right now..
    -last night bought another 30 tickets of lucky lines..
    -spent $90
    -win $49..lose $41
    -6 winning tickets ..assorted small prizes. .
    Tickets all bought at one rural location..right off roll in sequential order..
    good luck everyone

    Wonder how the guy who was testing poker lotto made out ..he posted about the probability of getting a 60% return. .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Doug, thanks for your blog, my boyfriend and I like to keep posted on your advice.

    Unfortunately for us, we were out on the weekend and he impulsively decided to buy a whole row of those "Winner Take All" tickets. The guy at 7/11 mentioned they were new so they should pay out to entice more players... Well, I forget how much a row is, maybe 12 or so... Winner take NOTHING is more like it. He didn't win his money back on a single ticket. Guess we're as unlucky as that other player from the Crossword tickets.

    Just something to keep in mind I guess. Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There are 3.1 million Winner Take All tickets and 2.5 million are duds. It's just the luck of the draw. And I wouldn't take advice from a retailer they know less than you unless they read this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 20 x lucky lost a grand prize this week..
    Money multiplier also lost a grand prize this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jay,

    That's a blunt and accurate way to put it. In my experience retailers have very little idea about what is going on with the games. They get product in, they sell product. That's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Finally on my 24th Crossword I won a whopping 3 bucks. Can the big win be far away?

    ReplyDelete