Friday 25 April 2014

Cash for Life Family $4 Stays On Top

With two Grand Prizes left to claim and 2.6 million tickets left to sell, +/- 3%, the top rated game maintained its position over the course of the past week. That will change once the next Grand Prize for the game is claimed.

 The $1 CFL game is actually the top rated game but with the small number of reported prizes, we can only state a rating to +/- 25% and that is too large a margin to be relied upon. The game has one Grand prize left so if you can find any tickets for sale (I can’t, but a reader did) then give it a try.
Last week saw Grand Prizes claimed for QFG Crossword, Money Multiplier, and CFL Family $10. If your priority is winning a Grand Prize then Cross Tripler #1755 is your game. Your odds to win one of the four remaining $100,000 Grand Prizes are a low 221,000:1.

Top Rated Games

  1. CFL Family $1 (13% of float left to sell)
  2. CFL Family $4 (38%)
  3. Prestige (42%)
  4. Cross Tripler #1755 (11%)
  5. CFL Family $2 (20%)

 Games to Avoid

  1. Cash In (14%)
  2. QFG Crossword (41%)
  3. Bingo (62%)
  4. Crossword (6%)
  5. Blazing Sevens (71%)


Note that there are two versions of CFL $4 and Cross Tripler currently for sale. Be careful to choose the correct version.

$1 - $2 Game Update

It remains good days for this category of game. Either CFL game or Red Hot 50’s are good choices.

$3 Game Update

Keno #1412 is the recommended game. Be careful to avoid the new version #1414.

$4 - $5 Game Update

Avoid Cash In and 20X Lucky.

$10 - $20 Game Update

Avoid CFL Family $10 and Classic Gold. It has been eight months and almost 4 million tickets sold since $200 Million revealed a Grand Prize. Is it due or is it a dud? The game has been on sale for over a year and there is a new $20 game available. 

Comings and Goings


Cherry Triple was retired this past week. It was a lousy $1 game that had a permanent place on the “Games to Avoid” list. There was one grand prize and 757,000 tickets left to sell +/- 6%.

A second Keno game came on line this week. This version looks very much like the earlier version. The earlier game is, however, in an advantageous position so buy tickets for version 1412 and not the new 1414. One thing I like about this game is that the prize distribution looks like a pyramid. There should be progressively more of every prize working down to the smallest prize. That is not always the case. Just personal preference.

Personal Play


Six CFL Family $4 games started off with a bang with a $20 winner. The next five contained one $4 winner. For me in 2014, breaking even feels good. My cash rate is now 33% and my ROI is 63%.

Other News


The OLG is getting ready to launch its on-line gaming site. This is part of their "Modernization" plan. Other provinces already have a functioning site. The Quebec site is www.espacejeux.com .

Once up and running, you will be able to purchase certain lotto games, play on-line poker, and play slots on-line. According to their plan, overall slot play will flat line and even decrease in the province due to demographics. This initiative will bring gaming "closer to the customer". They project to earn an additional $100 million per year from the initiative. Other "modernization" plans that all involve having the private sector get involved, do it better, and increase revenue, will add an additional $180 million to the provincial coffers annually. 

I don't buy any of it. The OLG is aggressive in their clap trap about responsible play and ensuring that minors can't get on-line but, in my view, their actions belie their media lines. Slot machines are an evil menace and letting people play from home on their computers will not be good news for players who are addicted to those machines. There are many seniors who play slots but they can only do so when they actually get to a slot location. Now they'll be able to do it from their own bedroom. That cannot be good. I believe that people will slowly get their fill of sinking money into slot machines and that the revenue they generate will drop as a result. It is precisely that that the OLG is concerned about. Those machines account for over 80% of their profit. This desperate move on the part of the OLG will target players who have a weakness in this area and not the occasional players who play responsibly. 

But that's just me. If you're interested, you can follow them on twitter @PlayOLG. You can also follow me @Usockem. 


It looks like spring has arrived. Hats off to everyone for surviving the past two months. 


Doug  






5 comments:

  1. I've been having fun with 20X Lucky. There are large pools of $5 and $20 and I've won $20 three times in 10 tickets as well as a $5 and $15 win.

    I am patiently waiting on olg to finally get their online offerings. I do think slots are awful and poker is a game that takes too much time vs reward for me. I'm hoping they add in the scratch ticket choice a few places have. I can also see myself buying a lotto ticket more often when I get order online vs going out to a store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to get one of the new $20 Extraordinaire tickets today. I won $40 ($20+$20) which is actually the hardest way to win $40 in the game.

    What is funny is I always win on my first ticket with these interprovincial games. $60 in Supreme, $50 in Classic White, $20 Classic Gold. I never bought another Classic White or Gold and lifetime I am ahead with Supreme although I stopped buying them last fall. Makes me wonder why I keep throwing my money at CFL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate cfs. too many wins of 15 dollars. and there are not that common

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been steady playing some 5 dollar money mults, some prestiges, and sometimes a 20 dollar extra ordinare or supreme. also been playing poker lotto all in recently as the jackpot is almost at 150k.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good post doug,i hope you keep these updates coming this frequently, it has helped.
    and my post on your last update about me hating cashforlifes, it was mainly the $10 one i played, and whenever i won it was 15 dollars, never really bought the smaller cfls in bulk, but i may plan too now that there still ontop. thanks again

    ReplyDelete