Tuesday 15 April 2014

Cash for Life Family $4 Takes Top Spot


I had a difficult time last week locating Cash for Life Family $2 tickets. They were nowhere to be found in my area, nor were the $1 version of the game. Happily, one of the two remaining Grand Prizes for that game was claimed last week thereby knocking the game down the rating chart. Its $4 sister game has overtaken in the rankings and now rests on the top of the chart. This game has two of its initial three Grand Prizes left to be claimed and an estimated 42% of its float left to claim. Players have one chance in 2.5 million to win $1000/week for life or, if it suits your fancy, a one-time payment of $675,000. Be careful if you choose to play this game as another version of the game, #1161, is for sale at the same time. That game is selling more slowly than the Family version of the game. Also note that the $1 version of the game is our actual top rated game although my confidence in the estimated number of tickets left to sell remains shaky.


CASH FOR LIFE $4




Top Rated Games
1.       Cash for Life $1 (estimated 13% of its float left to sell)
2.       Cash for Life $4 #1165 (42%)
3.       Prestige (42%)
4.       Cash For Life $10 (60%)
5.       Cross Tripler #1755 (12%)

Games to Avoid
1.       Cash In (15%)
2.       Cherry Triple (24%)
3.       Quest for Gold Crossword (46%)
4.       Bingo (66%)
5.       Fat Cat (33%)

$1 - $2 Game Update
Either Cash for Life or the Red Hot 50’s Game are good choices. Avoid the rest.
$3 Game Update
The top game in this group was retired last week despite two remaining Grand Prizes and an estimated 900,000 tickets left to sell. Low sales, no doubt, is the reason why. The top rated game left is Keno #1412.
$4 - $5 Game Update
Avoid Cash In and Aces and Eights.
$10 - $20 Game Update
Avoid Classic Gold

Comings and Goings
Super Bingo was retired as mentioned above. It was the best rated $3 game and I’m sad to see it go. Two Grand Prizes each worth $50,000 went down with it.
A new Money Multiplier game #1769 was launched this past week. I like the fact that it has a present high of 6.4% of its total revenue returned to winners of between $100 and the second prize for the game. Most games are between 2 and 3 percent in this area. Of course, you pay for it with less prizes of less than $100 but I like the trade off. The only minor complaint I have is that there are fewer second prizes (4), than Grand Prizes (6). I don’t like that I have less chance to uncover a $25,000 prize than I do a $100,000 prize.
Personal Play
I managed to find a single $2 Cash for Life ticket that returned my $2. The remaining $4 Cash for Life tickets contained one $4 winner.
I also played the Poker Lotto game for $9 based on the recommendations from the comments section of the blog. I received an instant return of $5 and nothing on the draw that night. What is strange is that my three hands contained cards from 8 differing denominations (Ace – Deuce). I had zero correct on any line for the draw. What are the chances that all five cards drawn (there was a pair) would all be from the five denominations that I was missing? About 120-1! I need someone to explain to me why unusually unlucky outcomes happen to me with regularity but I can never win a decent prize. I’m sure that there is a reasonable explanation somewhere.

Other Topics
As I follow up to last week’s entry, I found an interesting story on line yesterday.  http://bit.ly/RnxoRN Whether the player was “cheating” or not is a subject of interest but I found the reader comment posted by glistens1 to be of interest. He/she suggests that how the lottery folks define the term random may be different than how you or I define the term. That may well be the case. It’s possible that tickets are distributed randomly but also towards rural areas more than overall sales would suggest. I’m not suggesting that it is so but it has tweaked my interest.
I close by declaring that I am not a fan of the “OLG Modernization” plan. I will write more on it in the future. You can familiarize yourself with what they plan to do, including on line slots and lottery ticket purchases, here

Best.


Doug

4 comments:

  1. Hi Doug
    I have to tell you in my small little town there's lots of the 2 dollar cash for life still in a lot of the convenience stores, do you want me to send you some. :0) I bought 5 of them and only won 2.00. As far as being unlucky goes I'm not sure if anyone of us can answer that question for you. I think we all chase the money instead of letting the money chase us. Maybe just maybe you weren't destined to win a large amount of money in this life time but we all keep trying and that's all we can do and be Grateful and give Thanks for even our small wins which for me our better then no wins. I know the darn planets have a lot to do with each and everyone of us and affects us greatly as well. That's my take on things Doug hope I'm not sounding too Airy Fairy...lol
    What I can tell you is we are all lucky to have found you and your Blog, you do us a great service by posting every week and I know we all feel the same way and I Thank you for that.


    Good Luck to you and the rest of the Bloggers this week, also have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can some one explain to me how did this man in U.S. named Richard Lustig win big prizes in the lottery 7 times? Is he a scam or is he just lucky?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he probably plays the lottery a lot more than the average person does

      Delete
  3. I found 5 - $1 CFL and got $3 back for my trouble, Ho Hum. We've been winning a few bucks on Keno & Tetris lately. All I can say to you Doug, is keep plugging away & it may happen sometime. It took us damn near 4 decades to actually win something worthwhile. Remember Wintario that started way back in 1975? They televised the draws from every town & whistle stop in Ontario. Faye Dance was the hostess, what a blast from the past. Good luck to everybody.

    ReplyDelete