Wednesday 16 October 2013

Prestige Looks Best

I'm heading off to the USA tomorrow and will miss my next scheduled blog update. I will not be doing a complete update for another two weeks.

A quick glance at the OLG site tells me that Prestige is certain to continue its reign as the recommended game.

I offer thanks to the posters who leave messages on the site. I encourage visitors to read them as they are just as useful as anything I might have to say. Ryan reports that he is having trouble finding Keno 1412 at his local seller. However, there are lots of Keno 1410 tickets for sale. That is the difference between night and day. I fail to understand why the OLG thinks that people who buy $3 tickets don't care about their investment. Its insulting and players like Ryan highlight that point. He was the lucky winner of $500 in Cashingo last week. There are only 184 of those prizes offered in the game so hats off to him.

Lloyd reports zero luck with either Prestige or Cash Blast. He is going back to $3 games where he had more luck. I know how he feels. In my personal play this week I went 0 for 5 Prestige tickets. That stings.

Patrick had better luck than either of us but still nothing to brag about. I think it goes without saying, but I will, that the absolute best strategy is to keep your money in your pocket. Any game where the house collects 30% - 40% is going to run you into the poor house if you get too serious. The idea is to play a bit, play smart, and hope to get lucky. Oh, and to avoid buying games that we should all be avoiding.

For this weeks entry I am providing a chart of all the games that are currently for sale and have been for sale for at least one month. They are ranked by the estimated average ticket sales over the past month. Many factors affect this number such as the size of the float, percentage of tickets left to sell, the quantity supplied by the OLG to sellers, cost of ticket, and the attractiveness of the game.

Game                            Quantity (000)
Crossword 3203              216
Prestige                            66
Cash For Life                    50
Crossword  Tripler            40
Frogger                            36
Bingo 3008                       33
Bingo 3009                       30
Classic White                    26
$200 Million                      25
Money Multiplier               25
Crossword 3200                21
Horseshoes                       21
Wild 8s                            20
Cross Express                   18
Cherry Triple                    17
Fast 200s                          17
Bonus Keno                      15
Cash Blast                         15
Cherry Jubilee                   11
Keno 1410                        11
Black Jack Tripler              11
20x Lucky                        10
Poker Multiplier                  4
Scrabble                            4
More Lucky Lines              3

Horseshoes, Keno 1410, More Lucky Lines, Scrabble, and 20x Lucky are the games for which all the grand prizes have been claimed. This flies in the face of the OLG's claim that games that sell less are retired. If this is so, then why are they continuing to flog these tickets. Why was Instant Millions canceled with higher daily sales? I have absolute faith in the integrity of the OLG, post Ombudsman's report, but I think that they can tend towards not putting the interest of the player first. It's the natural tendency of any bureaucracy.

I'll be picking up Instant Games from as many states as I can as I refuel while heading down the I75 to Florida. I'll report back on what I find in the next update. If they're anything like I found in New York, we're lucky to be playing in Canada.

Best.


Doug


1 comment:

  1. Yes prestige is still the best play right now especially when compared to $200 million, I still buy $200 million once in a while as it is so easy to win on it. I am also watching classic white and cash for life both games are starting to look attractive if their main prizes survive to November I might start picking 1 or 2 up.

    Olg did us a favour and retired scrabble and more lucky lines it just needs to do the same for horseshoes, keno and 20x lucky

    ReplyDelete