Thursday 25 July 2013

Wild 10's Remains the King

The recommended game revealed 9 of its Grand Prize winners last week while selling 47,000 of its tickets. The law of numbers has been in effect with this game since its debut. With 150 Grand Prizes available at the outset, they tend to be revealed at the same rate as the tickets are sold. When there is only 3 or 4 Grand Prizes, they can either be revealed early or late. When it's late, that's when prudent players should arrive at the party. At present, 44 Grand Prizes are left in Wild 10's and 378,000 tickets are left to be sold. Your chances to win one are now 1:8,600.

WILD 10s

Best Overall Rated Games


  1. Wild 10's
  2. $200 Million
  3. Fast 200's
  4. Extravaganza
  5. Pick 3


Games to Avoid


  • Quest For Gold Crossword


Note: I have no idea why this game has not been canceled. Less than 5% of its float remains to be sold and, predictably, sales are virtually nil. I'll bet that you could not find one of these tickets even if you wanted to buy one.


$1 - $2 Game Update

The games with a large number of lower grand prizes score well on my rating system. Pick 3 and Fast 200's are both good games to play. With a $1 and $2 price tag, why not?

$3 Game Update

Texas Hold'em surrendered one of its two remaining grand prizes last week. As a result, there is not much left in this category to play. If you must, Scrabble #1754 and Texas Hold'em are the best choices but I would look elsewhere for value.

$4 - $5 Game Update

Cleopatra, Cross Tripler, and Cash For Life are the best games in this category. None is a particularly good play at the moment.

$10 - $20 Game Update

With the exception of Classic White, each of the other three games is playable. I know, the cost is a problem. It is for me too.

Comings and Goings

Our friends at the OLG did us the immense pleasure of retiring Cash for Life #1159 and Tetris last week. Tetris is a particularly good example of OLG decision making that is not in the interest of players. All of the Grand Prizes had been claimed by 30 April in this game. They sold almost 800,000 of those tickets since that date! I guess if people want to play a game with no Grand Prize then that is their choice. Crazy!

The retirement of Cash for Life #1159 deserves a feather for the OLG cap. All of its grand prizes had been claimed by June 19th and 70% of its tickets were left to be sold. Further, it had to compete against Double Cash for Life which has to be an uphill battle. Double Cash for Life sold more tickets last week than the retired game did since becoming bereft of Grand Prizes.

A new game was also introduced this week: Black Jack Tripler. This game has 7 Grand Prizes of $100,000 representing 5.5% of the revenue base for the game. That is a good number. The game has a bit more winners for the price of the ticket than I like to see. The chances to win any prize are 1 in 4.18 (below average) and the chances to win a prize greater than the $5 ticket cost are 1 in 7.19 (below average).

Personal Play


My seller seems to be running out of Wild 10's. He only had 1 last week. I purchased it along with my first $200 Million.

The Wild 10's was a $15 winner, breaking off my losing streak. The $200 Million was a dud. My overall cash rate is now 37% and my total Return on Investment is 71%. I have been trending down for the past two months. I am now at a result that would be expected. So much for 2013 being my lucky year. Still, there is always next week.

There will not be a blog entry next week as I am headed off to Saratoga Springs, New York  for the best thoroughbred horse racing in North America. If you're a horse player and have never been there, I cannot recommend it any more highly. It is a little paradise on earth. I'm hoping to see at least one of the Triple Crown race winners in the Whitney Stakes prepping for the Travers Stakes in late August.

Keep on Truckin.


Doug







17 comments:

  1. Turned out my $10 Wild 10 last week was actually $20. Let that be a lesson to scratch all the numbers!

    I had the same problem finding Wilds. One store had 1 left which I bought and got me $10. I had to go to a few places to finally find another. This final ticket was sitting for 4 days he said. Turned out to be $60 - $20 x tripler for my best score yet on this game.

    I felt that was a good place to stop.

    Have fun watching the ponies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,

      Good point. The OLG does a good job of reminding us all how we should play the games we choose to play. Following their advice eliminates any chance that you will be a victim of fraud.

      I'm surprised that the Wild 10's are becoming hard to find. My seller went through all of his supply without finding any. He gets a new supply from the OLG today so I'll be checking things out later.

      Doug

      Delete
  2. Bought 11 Blackjack trippler tickets, 3 turned out to be 5$, one 7$, I then bought 3 crossword trippler, all turned nothing, proceeded to buying the last wild, turned out 60$, for a cool profit of 2$ lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a test btw, I usually spend 80$ on lotto a week it's all I can afford, for the pas few weeks I have been spending it on LOTTARIO, usually the return was no more than 20$ except one time I got 460$ in early bird, I then started thinking what has a better rate of return LOTTARIO or varies scratch tickets, still indecisive, If I wouldn't buy that last wild10$ I would be down about the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliya,

      It's good that you measure your results and know the odds of the games you are playing. While it's true that the OLG profit goes into the general revenue for the province, we should always be trying to get the best odds possible on the games we choose to play.

      Thanks for posting.
      Doug

      Delete
  4. Has anybody been able to find Extravaganza? there are still some good prizes left and I have not seen it in a while. For now I am still focusing on wild 10 if the retailer does not have it then I get $200 million, that new black jack tripler game already gave up one of its main prizes before I even heard about it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trinitron00,

      Extravaganza is one of only three games currently in play that was launched before the start of 2013. The other games are Keno #1410 and Poker Multiplier #1739.

      I don't recall seeing any Extravaganza tickets displayed at my local seller yesterday. I think that I'll message them to see what's going on with that game.

      Doug

      Delete
    2. I've seen two extravaganza where I buy my gas for a while now so I decided to buy one while filling up. Won $20 so thanks trinitron!

      Delete
  5. Are the remaining 7 grand prizes for 200mill in ontario or combined with other provinces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliya,

      That is a nationwide number. The Grand Prizes could be in any province or territory.

      Doug

      Delete
  6. Hi. I stumbled across your blog just now. Are you only talking about the odds of winning the grand prize based on the amount of tickets that still arent bought? Where do you find the information that tells you how many tickets are sold?

    I've only been purely getting Keno cause I've read somewhere the odds of winning something is best with that game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any one knows whats the current ticket count available for wild10s? there were not alot of winners these past few weeks, 37 grand prizes remain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now wild 10's is at least 75% sold and that's why its getting harder than usual to find them but there is still just over 300,000 tickets left (approximately) so you should still be able to find them you just have to go to 3 or 4 retailers first. I think the holidays is one of the reasons why there were not that many winners but I watch the unclaimed prizes everyday and I will be surprised if we dont go down to around 30 by the end of this week.

      Olg and its partners brought a couple of good games this week prestige and horseshoes. Prestige means I don't have to buy any $200 million supreme for the foreseeable future and it provides a good alternative to the extravaganza I was looking for.

      Right now I am focusing on prestige and scrabble, I buy wild 10's and blackjack tripler once in a while or when the retailer does not have any of my first 2 choices.

      Delete
  8. Good analysis Trinitron. I just took a look and Wild 10's looks to be down to about 21% of its float left, or 284,000 tickets. This should make it difficult to find particularly with new games on the market. I'll be posting a new blog entry on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder how much of those 284,000 Tickets are worth more than 10$....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, according to the published stats, one in every 5.45 tickets is worth more that $10. So, 52,000 tickets are worth more than your investment. Good luck finding one.

      Delete
  10. 11 Prestige Tickets yielded only one winner of $20. A bad day at the office indeed.

    ReplyDelete