Sunday 15 December 2013

It's Still Prestige - Unfortunately

Prestige continued with its slow sales but did not reveal a Grand Prize. As a result, it  has edged further up the rating system. Money Multiplier has continued to close and is now very close to Prestige in the ratings. Prestige currently offers one chance in 940,000 to win $1 Million for your $10 investment. By comparison, Money Multiplier offers one chance in 216,000 to win $100,000 for your $5 investment. It's a tough call.

$100 MILLION$ PRESTIGE


Top Rated Games


  1. Prestige (64%)
  2. Money Multiplier (28%)
  3. Frogger (15%)
  4. Classic White (9%)
  5. $200 Million (56%)


Even though Frogger and Classic White are on this list, I would recommend avoiding these games as the secondary prizes are hollowed out. Frogger has none of its $10,000 second prizes available. You can either get the one $75,000 or the $500 third prize. Classic White has none of the $100,000, $50,000, nor $10,000 prizes left. You can either win the one $500,000 outstanding grand prize or the next best prize of $1000. Not a good proposition for your $10.

Games to Avoid


  1. Cash Blast (23%)
  2. Cashingo (13%)
  3. Crossword 3203 (7%)
  4. Crossword 3202 (16%)
  5. Peppermint (88%)



Comings and Goings

Praise the heavens - Keno 1410 is no more! After an entire year of being on the market, during most of which it was a game to avoid, the OLG has finally decided to retire the 17% of the float that remained. Thank goodness I don't have to rail about the game anymore. Cross Tripler 1743 also met its end over the course of the past week. It had one Grand Prize left at the time of its demise but I had it rated as only a middling game.

No new games were introduced.

Personal Play

I got sick of beating my head exclusively against the Prestige wall. I bought one Prestige ticket and 4 Money Multipliers. The result was one $5 win for Money Multiplier. Annoying. I am now very close to my expected financial result and slightly ahead in the cash rate.

Readers have been messaging me that they have been having success with $200 Million. It is a well rated game and its cash rate is excellent but, as reader Jay points out, it is much harder to buy a single $20 - $200 Million ticket than it is to buy 2 - $10 Prestige tickets. It's true! Some psychology major should study why that is. It defies logic but there is no denying that it is the case. Next week I'm switching to $200 Million to see if I can switch things up.

Ryan has messaged me about a seller near him that was well stocked in Crossword 3203, Horseshoes, Cash Blast, Cash For Life 1662 and a few Prestige tickets. My goodness! With the exception of Prestige, those are all terrible choices. It almost makes me think that the great OLG brain in the sky has been asking sellers to actively flog those losers. I hate thinking that way.

Given that it is the Christmas Season, is it incumbent upon well informed players to advise the unsuspecting  buyer as to avoid the bad games? Maybe, but I can tell you that I have done that twice and each time the benefactor of my advice looked at me like I had horns growing out of my head.

Here's hoping that the Holiday Season brings you good luck.


Doug






3 comments:

  1. I took sometime off prestige this month given all the lotto max jackpots and their max million offerings, there are an estimated 50 max million offerings this week for December 20, 2013 draw which means that lotto max offers a chance of winning a $1 million with odds of under 1 in 572,000 (which is better than prestige and it only cost $5 per ticket) this is the one week in the year where I open the treasury and dump everything in my entertainment budget on lotto max.

    Those odds posted above do not factor in all the secondary prizes the main lotto max draw offers, this is the one week where lotto max is better than any other game out there and don't forget the $50 million which is not factored into the odds I mentioned above. Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought jay said that he would rather spend 20 dollars rather than 2 prestiges knowng that there going to be duds, i may have misunderstood though

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a new game I saw today called Cash In. $5 with 7 x 100k grand prizes.

    Last week was good for me. One Prestige won $50 and a Money Multiplier won $10. Overall December has been very good which is nice because November was a bust with nearly all losers.

    ReplyDelete