Wednesday 24 April 2013

Bejeweled and Instant Millions Lead the Pack

Back from some entirely unearned vacation. Lets get back at it.

No movement on our top two games (Bejeweled and Instant Millions). They continue to be the games of choice. My personal preference is Bejeweled as I have enjoyed more success with it and it has a broader base of prizes. Instant Millions is a very vertical game with the remaining two Top Prizes of $1M earning the game its high rating. Forty percent of its tickets remain to be sold while 2 of its 3 Top Prizes remain to be claimed. There are only 165 remaining prizes of $100 or more in the 1.4M remaining tickets. I am more attracted to Bejelewed where 580,000 tickets remain to be sold of which 4,000 are worth $100 or more. Bejeweled also has the best pure odds of winning a Top Prize of one in 146,000. If you prefer the game with the biggest Top Prize then Instant Millions has the edge. Either game is playable.


INSTANT MILLIONS


Best Top Prize Games
$1 - $2 Games - Pick 3
$3 Games - Scrabble
$4 - $5 Games - Instant Millions
$10 - $20 Games - Bejeweled

Best Games to Win Any Prize More Than the Cost of the Ticket
$1 - $2 Games - Pick 3
$3 Games - Bonus Keno
$4 - $5 Games - Cross Tripler #1743
$10 - $20 Games - $200 Million

Best Overall Rated Games

  1. Instant Millions
  2. Bejeweled
  3. Cash For Life Blowout
  4. $200 Million
  5. Scrabble


Games to Avoid
For the first time in a long time the OLG is not selling any games for which all the Top Prizes have been claimed. This was accomplished when Crossword #1299 was retired.

Some new games have created potential confusion for the ticket buying player. Keep the following advice in mind:

  • Bonus Keno #1413 and Keno #1410 are equivalent games with Bonus Keno being the slight choice.
  • Play Cash for Life Blowout #1160 and avoid Cash for Life #1159.
  • Play Cross Tripler #1743 over Cross Tripler #1720.


Comings and Goings

Crossword #1299 and Fast 100 #1688 were both retired over the past two weeks. Crossword was a sucker play while Fast 100 was a good play if you were going to be satisfied with a maximum prize of $100. It had an unusual prize structure but I'm sure that there are some people out there who liked the game.

New games include $4 Cash For Life #1159, $5 Crossword Tripler #1743, and $5 Cleopatra #1728. I'm not a big fan of the Cash For Life games due to their prize structures. This game has only 5 prizes of $5000 or more out of almost 8 million tickets. Cleopatra has 12 from 2.5 million tickets.

Personal Play

I enjoy receiving messages from visitors to the site telling me how they play. It's interesting. Of course, how you play does not affect your chances of winning. My personal preference is to play one game per week and to buy my tickets from one seller. I violated my method last week when I bought three different games from a different seller. The result was my first whitewash of the year. This reduced my win rate to 41% of tickets purchased and my Return on Investment to 87% of money invested. I'll be back on to my normal method this week: lesson learned - again!

For any readers who have an interest in the OLG beyond Instant Tickets, the following article may be of interest to you; http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/phil-froats/ontario-lottery-and-gaming-corporation_b_2980425.html?ir=Canada&utm_source=buffer&buffer_share=1884c .

I'm tired of seeing OLG ads on TV and at the theater. The article makes a good point about the value of marketing in an environment where you have a monopoly. Makes one wonder what the OLG is trying to convince us of.

Good Luck
Doug






3 comments:

  1. Hi Doug
    Welcome back I'm sure I can honestly say this for all your followers we missed you but I hope you had a wonderful trip...
    Thanks for the update on all the new tickets OLG is coming out with its so confusing and I never know how to find out the odds thats why I come here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you know how many tickets are remaining?? WHere does the OLG post this info??

    Love the site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete